Home General Discussion

Any one else disappointed?

Replies

• Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    My only disappointment in games is honestly the lack of interactivity with the environment that a lot of games suffer from.

The whole material, physics and sound system of the Source Engine was incredible and still is. Knocking over a shelf with various objects of various materials on it produced the correct clunk and dragging sounds and also created the correct particle effects when they impacted the floor on their edge. That is the stuff I want more of in games, the player having a physical presence in the world.

Honestly games don't have to look better than something like Dead Space 2 when it comes to pure polies and shaders n stuff, I just want more things to happen when I explore the world.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Yuri, I absolutely agree with you. In fact I'm finding I'm getting into a lot of AAA games less and less these days, seems to be very few games that have that polished level of quality - my most memorable being Last of Us and Shadow of Mordor. Graphics and how pretty something looks doesn't even bother me that much, as long as its fun.

To name a few, Dying light, Dragon Age and similar titles have been disappointments for me (sorry if anyone enjoyed those, I just didn't get into them.) I'm hoping the Witcher lives up to what I hoped DA: Inquisition would be.

TBH lately I've been playing a lot more indies... the game I've pumped most hours into on my PS4 is probably Minecraft XD