Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Concept Voting for February 2015

Replies

• Z3NZY
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Z3NZY polycounter lvl 7
    PyrZern wrote: »
    We could also vote on just one concept, so it's not too complicated; and then the full character is given 2 months. While the bust of that same character is given 1 month to finish.

2778e0d8be279a8aa839383324ca53f8.png

That's what I did in November because of Riot's Contest too. (I did half body bust in ZBrush. So not game-ready either.)

I'm for this type of idea. Sounds more manageable.
    I'm also up for the Kali character (but with just two arms) from the first page of this thread.
  • jinn15
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im a little bit late to the discussion but... i have to agree with slosh, i think doing anatomy studies for beginning character artists is probably the best thing to do, im still a beginning student myself but many of my mentors have told me, for being a character artist, anatomy is key

just a suggestion but there is a anatomy sculpting series that i did last year, should do it again soon... but its a 10 step course that goes through sculpting the entire body from head to toe and so doing 1 or 2 of these steps per month could be beneficial, although yea making an entire character is much more fun but i think getting the underlying form and proportions correct is key for starting out, but then this should be called the anatomy challenge instead haha

or could do a mixture of what you suggested pyrzern, a concept of a character for those who feel they're ready for a whole character and another anatomical part for those that want to learn and get feedback on anatomy? i dunno thats just my... long winded... 2 cents

edit--

and i just read the other suggestions which is pretty much the same so... tally hoooooo!!!