Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - Austro-Hungarian Throne - Shurkuris

Shurkuris
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Shurkuris polycounter lvl 3
I'm basing my Throne off a book series by Scott Westerfeld, the "Leviathan Trilogy".

1p_leviathan_jkt_small.jpg

I have been working on it for the past few days, wondering if this is something even possible for me to do and I'm gonna do it. Heck if it comes out in last place, I'm going to spend every day working and refining on this to the last second before the deadline!

Will be posting WIP images tomorrow.

-Software-

Blender
Photoshop
Unreal Engine 4
Substance Designer/Painter (Possibly)

I am not sure if using PBR is something I would use for this (Would be my first attempt at utilizing it) because if you look at Keith Thompson's artwork, which is used numerously in the book. It has a hand-painted/oil canvas feel. I want to if possible, to retain Keith's art style in my final submission.

Replies

• Shurkuris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isn't much atm, but I will be concentrating on creating the room layout.

o30NFEg.png
  • Shurkuris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kp1jmY9.png
    I like the idea of having planters, because I'll be later decimating the scene because a bloody fight has occurred here. Broken pottery, a place for the Stormwalker mech unit to be smashed into.

Although my idea of having a wall broken down with a sun down light source pouring through might be harder to bring into the picture as I only have 3 to play with. The room might be to large to frame everything into one picture while still being close enough to see the smaller details.

Still finding it hard to wrap my head around a Practical throne, instead of this fantasy style "Throne sits by itself". I feel like if I add benches or chairs, it would look a lot like a Church or a School Meeting.

So much to figure out how to do, not including how the heck you piece together an entire Mechanical War Machine from a Concept Art. Because mine looks absolutely horrible.