Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - Living in the throne's shadow - AlejoLab & ...

My idea is to make a throne which is a mountain. There is some kind of massive giant that have all the realm at hir feet. There is a town or city that is living in the throne's shadow and all their society is based on the relation with the giant.

I'm doing this thumbnail sketches to get ideas on different approaches. Giant is good/evil/neutral? the relation with the people living there is based on cooperation/fear/ignorance?

TR-ConceptThumbnailsShow.jpg

So far I haven't been able to put too many time so only the ones below the red line has some work on them.
This one is my favourite so far but I'm still waiting to put some more of work on all of them.

TR-ConceptThumbnail-cropfields.jpg

I'm mostly a game developer with a strange mix of skills. So not really specialized in anything in particular. Also my Art muscle is a bit rusty. On of my ideas is to model most of the terrain directly on the game engine and then place the props, taking a similar approach to designing a level for a game.

http://AlejoLab.com

Software:
- Photoshop
- Substance Painter
- Substance Designer
- Blender
- Unity (and/or UE4)

The unknowns are because I'm looking for a teammate, so some of these can change.
First updates will be a bit slow since I'm heading to the Global Game Jam right now!

Replies