Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Thundercats: Panthro Character Model

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
ragmanrag polycounter lvl 9
Hello everyone!

I would like to share a character piece that I have finished. I am a big fan of Thundercats and thought it would be cool to redesign and update Panthro.

My intention was to push my knowledge in Zbrush, Maya and Marmoset Toolbag 2, as well as learn new workflows and techniques.

Thanks for looking.

Rag.

PANTHRO_MARMOSET_RENDERS_FACE_BODY.png

PANTHRO_MARMOSET_RENDERS_FACE_EXP.png

PANTHRO_MARMOSET_RENDERS_FRONT_BACK.png

PANTHRO_MARMOSET_RENDERS_FRONT_BACK_WIRE.png

PANTHRO_ZBRUSH_RENDERS_FULL_BODY_FACE.png

PANTHRO_ZBRUSH_RENDERS_BODY.png

Replies

• Lockewood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lockewood polycounter lvl 6
    Surprised no one has commented on this yet because it looks great! Not much critique I can come up with as it looks like a super clean bake, with sharp texturing and some solid presentation. Only minor thing with the presentation is I'm not a massive fan of the orange wire frame, feel its a bit jarring with the blue background, maybe try just white and or black? But yeah now I'm just being picky.

Great piece overall though!
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Hah! I love the idea of making Panthro scifi! Looks pretty good to me. The sculpt render of the full body looks like the perspective is off? That always looks wonky so I would recommend taking those screenshots with the perspective turned on. Oh, and maybe include your textures too...
  • ragmanrag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ragmanrag polycounter lvl 9
    Thank you very much for the kind comments, I really appreciate it!!

@Lockewood: Thanks for the presentation feedback!

@Slosh: Yeah i totally agree on the sculpt render, for some reason zbrush would not render the perspective view, i couldn't figure out why lol. If you have any tips on this let me know.

Thanks again!