Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - The Boss's Throne

I've decided to make a throne for the boss of some old school Japanese delinquents! Ill obviously be using Japanese architecture seen in the older houses and palaces as well as the over the top and cheesy stereotype of the Japanese delinquent(As I said before).

Not sure if I want this realistic of cartoony yet, leaning towards the less realistic side though! Either way I think this'll be fun. ^TT^ Don't have any concrete idea on the actual throne bit though....maybe a pimped up arm chair or something more traditional? Still thinking...

Softwares:
Maya
Substance
Zbrush
Photoshop
Unreal4

Replies

• katjaneguen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So here are some refs! Looking at a ton of palaces! I want the building to feel traditional with lovely painted walls and woodwork and all that and then cover it with cheesy posters and base ball bats and delinquent like things!
    xjzvwq.png
    kbukst.png
  • leokiyan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leokiyan polycounter lvl 2
    おもしろい
  • katjaneguen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright! I got some concepts out!

This is what Im thinking the layout will be. The main throne room and then the sliding doors opening into a larger audience area which may or may not be shown depending on time and such! So basically focusing on the main room for now.
    qsktgj.png

More concepts of the room just so I can get a feel for it! A bit run down but in a sorta fancy palaceish setting! Im loving the idea of the walls and doors and ceilings being filled with paintings and art and other details like that!
    fppeof.png

Here are some of the actual throne concepts as well. Not sure if Im quite happy with what Ive come up with yet. =_='' I know want something low to the ground and sorta simple shaped but with carvings and things. Maybe blocking ideas out instead of drawing will be helpful. I know what I want it to look like but not...
    kckfwy.png

Here are the other assets I want in the scene! Like the posters and stickers and other delinquent type things!

maixle.png
    pgedxr.png

Yes. Thats what Ive gotten so far. Blocking super soon!
  • katjaneguen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firstly I finally decided on a concept for the throne. Went with spikes and skulls and cheesiness! So here is that! ufvyfn.PNG

And here is some blocking I've done!hzwjgm.png

So that is the progress I have so far!
  • William3DArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    William3DArtist polycounter lvl 13
    Looks like a Japanese thugs hideout to me.Pretty cool. Like the progression. Keep going.
  • Nheerph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reminds me of Far Cry. Looks cool so far!
  • katjaneguen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So here's a z brush pic of the throne I forgot to put up! ^^ lbbbry.PNG

And here it is with the spikes and the flag! Wanting to add a few more cheesy accessories to it maybe. Or maybe leave it.
    aouzkl.PNG

Looking forward to texturing this so soooo much!
  • katjaneguen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I textured the thing with some help from substance, threw it into unreal, and here it is. I'm pretty pleased with it! In the midst of texturing everything else as well!
    iqtgsu.PNG
  • katjaneguen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So here is the throne room scene sort of put together! I like how it's turned out so far! Ive been having trouble with lighting in unreal though so I haven't fiddled with it a lot at this point. I still need to add some objects and properly uv some things and also refine the textures on some of the things as well. I think it's getting there hopefully! ^^''
    gjbnre.png

zilbkg.png

yeytdq.png