Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - The Emperor's Keep - B3Bomber / B3BomberWorks

B3Bomber here,

I am getting a late start on the contest but I am really excited to take part. I have looked at a bunch of the other works in progress here for the contest thus far and have seen some amazing concepts.

I am happy to be here, and this will be the first time that my work will be PolyCount as well. I look forward to your feedback as I am not a 3D professional, but rather an IT Professional supporting the 3D artists, so this should be interesting.

Title: The Emperor's Keep

Concept: Emperor's throne room where he/she rules an empire in pearl. The empire are not the happiest of folks with their emperor, thus The Throne Room is heavily defended, beaten, and worn. Also a sense of a suspicious emperor who thinks everyone is out to kill him/her.

Theme: Artistic direction for the throne room will be based on the world of Warhammer 40K with my own interpretation, but it should feel dark and twisted, with technology and fancy decor wrapped in a prime evil shroud of sorts.

Tools:
Maya (with Roadkill), Photoshop, ZBrush, Substance Designer / Painter, and probably others as I may need them...

I am by no means a concept artist so I only have a layout sketch coming for the general shape, scale, and form of the throne room.

Thanks!
-B3Bomber

Replies