Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - Volcano - THA

THA
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
THA polycounter lvl 2
Hi everybody :D

This is gonna be my first thread here at polycount so I'll thank any feedback and observations that you can do of my work in progress. I think this is a good opportunity to start showing what can I reach and improve my skills with Substance Software.
So lets go play

First of all I'm going to do a short comment about my idea. I have thought to create a rock throne inside a natural volcano-cave where the throne room was built. By now, I have the perfect idea for the throne, but I still have to mature the design of the room.

I'll post every details and progress that I'll make so, stay tunned :)

Software I'm goin to use:
-3ds Max
-zBrush
-Photoshop
-Substance Painter
-Substance Designer (not sure)
-Cryengine

Replies

• THA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    THA polycounter lvl 2
    Well, first update. Today I had some free time so I started to work. The first I did was a fast sketch of the entire room and the throne, and after that I began to model the main rock mesh of the throne. For that I'm gonna use zBrush. I'm a beginner in zBrush so I will advance slowly with the throne, just for that, any feedback or tricks that can help me with zBrush are really welcome :)
    I'm going to attach some reference images that I took from google, the sketch and a screenshot of the early work with the throne.

1909884115_8672048216.jpg
    P1150851_1459x1094.jpg
    Madeira64.jpg

150127103349139738.jpg

150127103445721197.jpg
  • THA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    THA polycounter lvl 2
    Well, today I have had some free time again so I decided to restart the throne. After see some tutorials of zBrush and experiment with brushes, his look is something like this:

day2_zpsxfsf7pih.jpg

This shape has his own explication and you will know what I mean shortly, with the next update.

Am... I would like to request some help with this. For the rock base, I tried to use the surface tool of zBrush but when I applied it to the mesh the model is reshaped, so the result isn't what I really want. I don't know if you understand me, please look below, any help about that would be very appreciated :)

This is how I want it to look:
    Deberia_zps9teljogn.jpg

And this is how it looks:
    DeberiaNo_zpse0lihbke.jpg
  • THA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    THA polycounter lvl 2
    Well, today I had a couple of minutes so I did some progress. I started to export some of the elements of the scene to CryENGINE and after that I took my first look to Substance painter. By the moment I don't known so many aspects and tools of this software but I'm not very disappointed with the first results.

2_zpsvtyc4xga.jpg

1_zpseipzjin7.jpg

3_zpsefxt1dup.jpg