Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Anatomy of female head

Hello!
I've been working on a female character for a couple of days now and I've started making her head. This is how far I have done for now, yet it somehow seems a bit off.
I've been focusing mainly on the head itself, the neck has been separately done on a different mesh.

Any help for pointing out any oddities/misproportions I haven't noticed.
Also I'd like to make her complexion maybe a bit more younger. How would you suggest I'd do that?
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• gibby23
    Offline / Send Message
    gibby23 polycounter lvl 2
    hey there!

so far you have started in a great direction but i see what you mean that there is something that's bothering you about it... and here is what i think it is:

- the bride on the nose (from the front) looks too flat and sharp . in general, a woman is softer and rounder (i should put quotes on that before i get in trouble :P)
    -same with the brows.. at the moment arch looks too sharp.
    -the mouth is coming along nicely but it's too low in the face. bring it up a bit so it's not too far from the nose (but you dont wanna bring it too close to the nose). this will give the face the "cute" baby look that make woman "attractive".
    -the ears are probably WIP but incase you want feedback on them, dont be afraid to pop them out a bit more

give that a try for now and see how it works... good work so far and i hope these tips help :)
  • Kollaator
    gibby23 wrote: »
    hey there!

so far you have started in a great direction but i see what you mean that there is something that's bothering you about it... and here is what i think it is:

- the bride on the nose (from the front) looks too flat and sharp . in general, a woman is softer and rounder (i should put quotes on that before i get in trouble :P)
    -same with the brows.. at the moment arch looks too sharp.
    -the mouth is coming along nicely but it's too low in the face. bring it up a bit so it's not too far from the nose (but you dont wanna bring it too close to the nose). this will give the face the "cute" baby look that make woman "attractive".
    -the ears are probably WIP but incase you want feedback on them, dont be afraid to pop them out a bit more

give that a try for now and see how it works... good work so far and i hope these tips help :)

First of all, thank you for your reply. It sure helped alot! :thumbup:

What I've done:
    -I smoothed and also tweaked the size of her nose.
    -I kept some of the sharpness of the arch of her brow and also lifted it a bit further.
    -Gave flesh under her brows quite alot.
    -Rounded out her cheeks.
    -Tweaked the ears and gave them a lift. (Still seem a bit odd?)
    -Sharpened the angle of the jawbone.
    -Changed the form of her upper lip. Works better I think
    -Played around with the barrel of the mouth. Turned a bit better?
    -Moved her eyes a bit forward as well.