Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - The Last of the Vikings - Sullum97 and Shuba10

Sullum97
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Sullum97 polycounter lvl 6
Cheers everyone!

This will personally be my first submission to a contest of any form, and I was approached by a friend of mine "Shuba10" to work on this together. Our idea will focus on the last of the vikings. Essentially what it means is in a distant land in a long forgotten village lies a heavy fortress of stone in solitude. An ancient and powerful viking king "yet to be named" =P used to be a mighty warrior who led the vikings to many victories but in old age has become somewhat of a worshipper of long fallen gods.

Roleplaying and fun aside, we are both truly excited to push ourselves to the limits with this project and we will be approaching this throne room with the hopes of maintaining a realistic art style in the likes of The last of Us or Tomb raider quality. Our main reference images are of The Banner saga, the tv show vikings, amongst other viking historical references. Our aim is to truly make this show the scale of how large the vikings were in both strength and size, similar in the way Banner Saga approaches it.

Software we shall use is as follows:

Maya
Zbrush
Photoshop
Substance Designer
Substance Painter
UE4

Cheers everyone, good luck, and I truly look forward to all of the submissions, our strongest reference art collages will follow.

-Sullum97