Home Quixel Megascans

ANSWERED: Adding Logo, images or hand painted textures

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
McClish polycounter lvl 6
Hi,

How can I be able to adding logo's or painting texture by hand and using DDO at the same time?

Can I add an empty layer via DDO for exemple and draw on it? (photoshop style)

Thanks !

Replies

• Poinball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poinball polycounter lvl 6
    Yes, When DDO is open, You have photoshop open in the background. You can create a new layer on top of all of them and add your drawing ;)
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gordon Robb polycounter lvl 2
    Is there a video somewhere showing how one might ad for example a logo and perhaps rough up the edges of it simulating that it was a sticker that is damaged, but have that show in the other layers? Maybe affecting spec and glossy and normal? Rather than just stuck on top I mean. These layers confuse the hell out of me :)
  • Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wiktor polycounter lvl 11
    Yes, you can simply add an empty layer and paint on it like you would normally do in Photoshop. :)
  • McClish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McClish polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks! Help alot :)
  • Richard Culver
    Actually one way is make the Logo part of the Color ID map. I do this for logos type and other details I want to look as if they are a part of the surface. So I can assign the same surface to it and it will get all of the same details. Then I can also add another layer to it in dDo to say make it a scratched painted metal and of course limit it to this part of the CID map.

If the logo has gradients or other detail you can still do this but it can be more complex. One way would be make the Logo and spit it into two parts. One is just the opacity, white over a transparent BG that covers the area of the logo. The other parts of the logo could be on another layre and blended with differnt modes such as Multiply to get the effect you want.

I always do all of this work in another file as part of my prep work, I rarely paint within a dDo file. Just how I like to work. Then I import the layer ( in the case of the more detailed texture) and place it into the Albedo channel and use something like multipy to get the texture to respect scratches AO and other detail that are within the dDo project.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool idea Richard! :)