Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: dDo Packing maps into one texture bug

gkx
gkx
I was trying to pack specular, gloss and ao into same map with calibration profile. I used StoreMapInChannel function like in UE4 optimized. But I found that the process modifies the values of original maps.

For example my gloss map values is (110,110,110), when combined into green channel of my texture, the green values are 88.
Thinking that i made a mistake, i tried exporting UE4 and UE4Optimized calibrations and checked the values of combined textures. Same issue was presented there also.

Is it bug of dDo? Or do i need to correct it somehow? Thanks for help.

Replies

• Avis Para.doc's
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avis Para.doc's polycounter lvl 9
    Try to do it manually (pack in .tga and then unpack) then check again. I believe there is optimisation issue in Photoshop him self, some time when I unpack textures thru layer styles some value are changet. Also check "Color Settings".
  • gkx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gkx
    I did some testing within photoshop, problem comes from photoshop itself.

-If i copy whole image(eg gloss map all channels have same value) and paste into other image's channel(eg green channel), values are changed.
    -If i select one channel and copy then paste into other image's channel then it is correct.
    -If i paste whole image into new layer onto other image then set it to a channel from layer blending options then it is also correct.

Probably StoreMapInChannel() function do merging with first method, therefore the wrong values. I also tried to rewrite the function using second method, but i didn't managed to implement it correctly. At least i learned little bit of photoshop scripting.

Any ideas how can i correct StoreMapInChannel() function in light of these?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HI gkx!

Thank you very much for reporting this! As you stated this seems to be a bug, we´re looking in to this now, again, thank you so much! :)