Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

C&C Request: Art Test in Maya

Heyo polycount! So I've been working on this art test and I'm not entirely positive how much details I can release so I'll be vague.

Realistic Style, with Diffuse only. 1000 tri limit. no more than 10x 1024 textures. No more than 1 alpha. Lightmap. ONE beauty shot.

Model and texture: A Rock, A Tree, A plant, A small patch of terrain.
Texture a Skydome.
And lightmap the small scene.

So here's what I've made- any feed back would be great. I'm currently sitting at 998 Tris.

gK8evwy.jpg

Replies

• OctoKube
    Offline / Send Message
    OctoKube polycounter lvl 2
    i would post the polygon frame and textures if you want a full analysis
  • R0gu3
    Sure thing! I put all the textures in one image:

6FEXpEj.jpg

and here's a quick screen grab of the wire shaded mode

KG6dJ7B.jpg
  • OctoKube
    Offline / Send Message
    OctoKube polycounter lvl 2
    i like the sky, im not an environment artist so hopefully someone can give u valuable feedback. What i can say is that you can optimize your topology (the rock and the tree), make use of triangles and use the extra tris to better define some shapes or add an extra branch ( it would be nice to have a branch on the left side of the tree to add some depth). Look at some low poly meshes in the forum if you arent too familiar with low poly models. Besides that i think that the flyers on the floor and on the tree arent really doing much, i can barely figure out what they are. I know u wnat to add some interest to the scene but maybe play with other ideas for that (flowers, berries, i dont know)

Overall it looks nicem good luck with your submission!! :)
  • R0gu3
    Thanks for the feedback Octo!