Home Quixel Megascans

ANSWERED: Quixel Development

polygon
Offline / Send Message
tungerz polygon
Just curious with the latest absence in development, brings a couple of questions to mind...
Since the last revision seams to have been broken for most users, has the development stopped? It is getting very stale, and
Were/are there only a couple of developers (only one dev, I know of is Teddy, I'm sure there are more tho :poly124:), or in a transition stage of acquiring new developers?

Not complaining, just asking :)

Cheers,
~Tung

Replies

• XemnasKH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They"re still working on 1.9 and the megascans as far as I know. We just have to be patient. I would rather them take their time and put out a good product then have it be broken.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

The absence from the forum the last couple of weeks have been due to holidays, travels and such, I´ve really tried to be here as much as I could and appologize for anyone that had to wait for an answer!

1.8 Have had some issues from some user and some bugs that have affected everybody, but far from everybody are having issues, but looking at this forum I can understand it seems that way :) We want
    to get better at catching bugs before release and have better FAQ´s in the future so that problems can be resolved more quickly. We also aim at making this forum more work-related where people can share their tips and tricks, but of course also for helping those with problems and bugs.

The development has absolutely not stopped, its more active than ever in fact! There is only one developer working on the suite, and that is Teddy. Its very crazy we know! There are more people working on various other things in the company though.

Little by little Quixel is growing, and the goal is to create a better experience for the customers all around. More stable builds, more frequent updates, better customer support. I can honestly say that without all of you there would not be a Quixel, even from the first time I meet Teddy at Starbreeze many years ago his biggest ambition was to make great tools for the artists as they wanted them! So this feedback we´re getting from all of you on this forum is truly invaluable!

Well that turned in to a really long answer.. Hopefully the answer to your questions are somewhere in there tungerz :D

And Yes, 1.9 is certainly being worked on!! :)
  • tungerz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tungerz polygon
    Hi Eric,
    I agree with XemnasKH (Thanks for chiming in my friend :) )
    It is better to take more time in testing to have it more stable release than just cranking out revisions that lead to problems down the road.
    As well, I have to agree it tis the season for holidays to be shared with family and friends, I would expect no less.

Just knowing that the development is on one shoulder, puts the time frame into a lot better perspective, and understandable that it would take longer in getting it dialed in to a razor sharp app.
    So yes my friend, the answer is there :)
    And again please don't take it as a complaint, just asking the situation of staff verse project.

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

Cheers,
    ~Tung
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dont take it as a complaint, I understand you are curious :) And as a customer you have every right to know what is going on!