Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Exporting Maps

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Utility polycounter lvl 7
Hi all, forgive this dumb question, but I can't figure it out - How do you export maps from DDO in the Suite? Do I just use the maps that are in the "preview" folder that gets created with the project? When I open the Exporter, all it does is save out some PSDs. I'm using UE4, and experimenting with both the regular and optimized versions. I know that DDO will export a glossiness map as opposed to a roughness map (which needs to be inverted to work as roughness), but I'm highly confused. In the previewer folder, I have files ending in _b, _c, _d, _g, _m, _n, and _o. As far as I can tell, that's colour map, diffuse, gloss, metalness, normal, and occlusion - but I have no idea what "b" is for. I feel like this isn't totally right, even though I get something workable in UE4 with them.

tl;dr: How do I export TGA's from DDO for use in UE4? Halp pls.

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi utility! The files in the preview folder is the ones 3do are using so those are not for export,
    Through the exporter you should have the ability to export to a variery of formats, including TGA!

Do you only have the option to set the exported maps as PSD? And no need to invert and maps after export as ddo does that automatically!
  • Utility
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Utility polycounter lvl 7
    Hi Eric,

Late last night I discovered the 'solution' - though it may be a bug. Basically, all I had to do was click on the drop-down for file type in the exporter, click 'tga' again (it was already set to tga), and when I exported, it saved the files properly without a prompt to save PSDs. I'm not sure what happened, but it worked.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh that sounds like it might be a bug! Thank you for reporting and awesome that you found a solution!