Home General Discussion

Is Eastern style a downside for me to get a job?

Replies

• Finalhart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finalhart polycounter lvl 6
    Yea i have a really long way to go, i'll keep you guys updated with what i do once i finish some anatomy studies i'm doing now basiclly 4 hours of head and 4 hours of the body everyday and throwing up a lot of trash work and working again.
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Finalhart wrote: »
    Muzz - That would have come into my mind if i had found at least 1 website that shows they are recruiting to work there. I've been studying japanese for 4 years, my eyes haven't morph yet but is decent to survive in Japan. Do you know any site that actually post jobs to go there?

So from what i understand, it is not common for westerners to go and work there, but it isn't out of the question. The anime industry in the last decade has really opened up to it.

If you are good at Japanese here is what you do. Find every Japanese games company you like the look of, write them an email in Japanese, explain that you are looking for work, and send your portfolio and if they like your work, try and get as many interviews as you can and travel over there and meet them.

I know they have a 2d animator shortage right now, not too sure about the 3d guys, but i wouldn't be surprised. Just expect shockingly bad pay, but you wouldn't go to japan because of the pay.

Of course this is after you have that kick ass portfolio.