Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: PBR and Keyshot 5

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
grfxman polycounter lvl 6
I am just starting to learn Keyshot and I was wondering if there were any pipeline docs/tuts for exporting Quixel to Keyshot.

Replies

• Teyon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Teyon polycounter lvl 11
    I haven't used Keyshot but if you're not having a lot of luck generating PBR for it, you could try using the suite's "Last Gen" option to generate the old school specular setup.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

Not yet but it is something that is definitely coming, we would of course really appreciate any findings of this workflow you might do! Or if anyone else have any insight in this!
  • Composition--C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Composition--C polycounter lvl 6
    I just found out how to use pbr materials in Keyshot. All you have to do is use material editor to plug in your diffuse, normal and roughness map. You don't need the metalness or metallic map because you can drag a keyshot default material on the model to simulate the metallic map. Just hold the alt key to retain textures when dragging the material on the model and the material itself will determine the metallic map as long as you choose a material that is close to the actual material you want the model to be.