Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: dDo Assigning Wromg Materials...?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
DarkEdge polycounter lvl 10
I have Clean Grey Slate for my base materials and have assigned all custom colors (from ddo swatch) for my color id map. But after loading my maps and and pressing 3do the model comes onto the stage with pre-assigned materials partially across 3 color id's. (???)
c1.jpg is how the model shows in suite with a chrome like texture showing when it wasn't assigned.
c2.jpg shows the color id map with the parts highlighted that are coming onto the stage with a chrome like texture.

anyone have any ideas for me to move forward??

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

A few questions,

If you press C in 3do, is your Color ID displayed correctly?
    Does ddo create any materials what so ever, if so, what happens when you delete them, is the model still partially chromed in 3do?

Sorry for your troubles, we will try to resolve this as quickly as possible!
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkEdge polycounter lvl 10
    Yes the Color ID displays correctly.
    Yes ddo creates materials though you cant see them because of the chromed. Deleting the materials doesn't change the chromed look.

No worries, do what you can when you have time. Really looking forward to the next update! :)
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is the chrome effect there from the beginning when creating tve project? It usually indicates there is s problem with the inputs, may i ask if you've tried any of the sample projects from the wiki:
    http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=ddo_samples

Just to see id evrything works as it should!
  • Narjoss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Narjoss null
    Hi,
    I'm having the System.Runtime. Error.
    Each time I click " Create Base " when I want to make a new project, it occurs. And the software crash when I'm trying to do anything ID map related.
    I tried every solutions suggested before.

It seems that my problem is related to the ID's color channels when creating the differents masking maps.

My computer system is:

Win 8
    Photoshop CC
    ASUS ROG
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M
    Intel i7-4700HQ
    16GB RAM

I used simple elements to see where could be the problem, I loaded a simple Cube triangulated, and a basic ID map of 2 colors, there's no others elements.

I uninstalled then reinstalled both Photoshop and Quixel, updated java and both softwares, run them both as administrator, check if there was non-alphanumerical characters but the probleme is style de the same. ( I did excatly the same process with Photoshop CS 6 with no results).
    When I load a referenced project from Quixel, there's no problem.

I hope this will help you, and me at the same time ^^
  • PlateCaptain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi DarkEdge,

I've had something similar happen to me. In my case, when I first created the project with my inputs loaded, it defaulted to one (or sometimes two) smart materials labeled Chrome. Deleting those materials got rid of the chrome effect in 3DO, and displayed what was supposed to be there.

Do you have any Chrome-type materials showing up in your materials list?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darkedge - Could it be that you have several meshgroups? If you have split up your mesh you need to input all the maps for each part!

Narjoss - What file format is your Id-color? could you try a flattened png without transparency if you have not already done so!