Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Game Idea - Looking for Help

pr1mus
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
pr1mus polycounter lvl 8
Greetings,

my Name is Philipp, I'm 30 Years old and last week I got an Idea. But not just a simple "LETS MAKE A GAME!" Idea. I brainstormed a lot, asked a lot of Gamers what they think about the Concept, and almost everyone said: I would play that! (a lot!).

Why I'm looking for help:
I have a basic concept in my head, how the game should look and how the game works. I also have most ideas written down, but I'm totally new to this whole stuff. I've played a lot of Games in my last few years. That doesn't mean, I wanna make the best game, I wanna make a Game, which is fun to play.
I have some basic knowledge of different Programming Languages, such as Java, Java Script and c++, but these are reall really basic.
I also have a basic knowledge of Working with 3D-Tools like blender. But I know, this won't help me much.
I'm looking for some people (2 People would be perfect), that wan't to work with me and that also have no Problems teaching me stuff If I'm about to fail or point out obvious errors.

What Game I have in mind:
I won't just post my Brainstorm here, this would be too much. But I can tell you so much: It's a Town Management System with a bit RPG in it.
Let's look at the main Idea:
Most of you will or have played an MMORPG like WoW or Aion or such. In WoW, you often find Quest-Hubs with a lot of NPCs, giving you Quests and stuff. Mostly Quests like: Go kill those things and bring back 10 of those other things.
Have you ever wondered WHY these NPC wan't you to kill these things and bring those over things back?
Well...now you will get to know why, because in this Game, you will take control over a Quest-Hub, developing the "Town" or "City" into a bigger and better Quest-Hub. You'll have to deal with Adventures looking for Quests and Items and also with Bandits, trying to get your stuff.

That is the Main Idea, and like I said, my brainstorm list is pretty huge right now. It will mostly be a pretty basic Game, nothing like Sim City or Banished, but I think, it could be a very fun and entertaining one.

So, what I'm exactly looking for:
Unity Programmer which also doesn't have a Problem teaching me some basic stuff and helping me getting better.
3D-Artist for building different styles of Adventures and Buildings (ex. a Forge). Also, you shouldn't be afraid, to answer some of my Questions, regarding Texturing and stuff.

I'm NOT looking for someone, who does my work. I want to be able, to program different stuff too, but I can learn best, when I get show how to and what to look for. I want to growth with the Project and your help.

If you are interested in this project and a deeper look into this Idea, write me an E-Mail: pr1mus@verticalart.de

Please excuse my bad english, it isn't my nature Language.