Home Quixel Megascans

ANSWERED: Texture Tile Size Adjustment

Hey guys,

Probably a simple question, but I haven't been able to find the answer on my own or on the forums here.

I was working on one of the preset wood smart materials that includes a dirt layer. It looked good right away, except that the mask for the dirt layer was very visibly tiling, even after using mask presets like Scratched Edges or similar.

I can see in DDO that there's a setting for the scale of the textures, but that seems to control a different type of scale, and not the size of the tiles themselves. Is there any way to adjust that tile size?

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

The scale and tiling of the texture itself can be set in the ddo window as you have found, but the tiling of the mask itself is in the dynamask editor. So if we take the dirt layer as an example, when you go in that mask you will see that the mask is built upon materials, and that they have scale slider which you can change. But if the tiling is very visible at 0 then maybe your texel density for the project needs tweaking?

I hope this makes at least some sense, its very late and Im up waiting for santa! if not i will make a new post tomorrow!
  • PlateCaptain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, I hadn't noticed that little dropdown caret in the dynamask editor before. That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!