Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Quixel - Toolbag 2 Diffuse export Brightened?

Eyetoof
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Eyetoof polycounter lvl 5
Im wondering if anyone has experienced this, or knows a way to fix it.

I have a project in DDO, been roughing it in with 3DO for feedback. I want to move to Toolbag2 to finalize, ideally employing cross-app mode.

What I have found is if I export my maps with the Toolbag 2 calibration settings, the Albedo gets significantly brightened and washed out. Other maps (spec, gloss, AO) come through pretty much as they were in photoshop.

I tested it with a very simple set up just to be sure.

My project had a solid color fill in Diffuse that was:
RGB-53,30,211 HSB-257,73,44

After export using Marmoset 2 Calib setting Values were:
RGB-109-64-190 HSB-261,66,75

First try I had begun the project with standard Bi-Ph calib. But I also repeated the process beginning the project with toolbag calib selected. Same results in both cases.

Has anyone else seen this? Have you come up with a solution? Did you discover a flaw in your work flow that perhaps I need to correct as well?

Thanks!

Toof

Replies

• Eyetoof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eyetoof polycounter lvl 5
    HM well as my co-worker suggested, it seems likely this ramping is a result of compensation for the SRGB setting for the Albedo in marmoset. Honestly I am really surprised by the degree to which it's shifted. But initial review of my 3DO and DDO next to each other, they are not as far off as I assumed.

Ultimate would be the ability to load the same skymap in each. But this is good for the time being...

See it was operator error.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Loading custom hdri is something we're looking in to! Good that everything worked out for you :)