Home Quixel Megascans

Feels like something is missing.

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
NickBack polycounter lvl 8
So I've been playing around with the suite that I bought during the black friday special, and it's pretty cool. Although...

It feels like NDO should be able to allow me to create materials for DDO, but it doesn't. Actually, other than creating normal maps (for which it's very good), everything else it does is subpar or even nonsensical (it creates a specular map, but no roughness/smoothness? its AO is coloured by default?)

Also there are a lot of missed opportunities with 3DO. I loaded/created all the maps I wanted for a material and I was viewing the result on 3DO. Seems like 3DO should have a "SAVE WHAT I'M VIEWING AS A MATERIAL" option, but sadly it doesn't (or I haven't found it yet).

The Suite in general is kinda buggy, but I expect that to improve.

DDO seems to be missing some legacy dDO features. Maybe I remember things wrong, but wasn't dDO able to do things such as leaks easily? I can't seem to find a way to so them properly in DDO.

I've read that there are a lot of great things coming to the suite (something about painting? That would be really cool), but even without the bugs, the Suite right now feels like a beta. Or more importantly, it doesn't really feel like a Suite. Its parts don't complement each other and don't work together very much, they are just bundled together... just because.

With that said, when things worked, I was very happy with the results, and I'm looking forward to what the future has to bring to the Suite (and Megascans :) )