Home Quixel Megascans

AWAITING CONFIRMATION: DDO - Sometimes Working

Hello. Well as the title says, DDO works sometimes, and sometimes not. I don´t know why. The last thing i tested was to roll back to 1.2 which fixed most of the problems. But now, today, i can´t load my Albedo map into DDO i could do yesterday. Its like the programm trys to troll me. I am not trying to just shout out or blame the team or the programm. But thats what is really happening.

I can only try to find the error behind this, but i am honest with you, i would never imagined i need to fix things up so much with this tool.

So, what can i do to troubleshoot this ? (I will troubleshoot myself as much as i can )

Thanks in Advance

Replies

• ²Digitalgames
    Okay, i found out it was the calibration setting that erased or ignored the Albedo, so that seemed to be a feature, but the next bug was around the corner. Now the materials have no textures in it. Or most of them to be exact.

Its getting worse everytime i start this tool. What is happening...And exact at that point, i just want to deinstall it. But then one thing comes to my mind. What if - i deinstall and it tells me my serial is not valid. I don´t know if i have to unregister it first or so. Really i am sitting here, thinking about everything before i even get my hand on something.
  • ²Digitalgames
    HOLY MOLY now its working flawless. So okay since i don´t want to just shout out as i said earlier, here is what i found out :

If some of the textures are not used as it should like the albedo it can happen because the calibration setting ignores or erases it.

It seems to be the best idea to install it on the default path. I complete deinstalled it and installed it on my SSD C: \
    This seems to be important since my PC has alot of other paths because of the low free space left on the SSD but it works better if it is on C:

What seems to be common is that it has to be installed with admin rights ALWAYS just like every other programm.

Well one thing is not for sure. It now looks quite differen then as it was on the first installation. It seems that it was installed "bad" the first time.
    And i am not joking, this seems like it was the problem all the time. I can not understand it or at least i think it is not reproducable. At least it seems to be good to follow this few steps ( standart troubleshooting tips) if it seems to be broke for whatever reasoun you can not figure out. But damn this gave me two days of a broken app. I first searched for my own mistakes on this but i guess its just a mixture of some bad settings that went to this.

So after all this, and i saw there where other posts like this out there, i can say it is now flawless working. I would not say this is a bad product as it would sound in the first place, at my time i worked for a big Operation System Brand i also had many errors to fix, but that does not mean the whole thing is broken. I wanted to add this last words to prevent damage to the brand. At least there is a high chance its just my shitty computer bugging me around. So at least all fine for now, Thanks for the Tool Quixel !

Edit: Funny Sidenote, for whatever reason there are alot of extra buttons and features on the drop down panels. It even shows the current version. So my last impression that i had a bad installation seems to be true. o.O
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

Im sorry I did not have a chance to help before you fixed everything yourself :)
    The probles you explaned came come from installing the updates to a differnt path than the main installation. But anyway good to see its working as it should now :)
  • ²Digitalgames
    Okay so it is true that installing on the default path can prevent from errors.

Now there is one bug left but as i read on other post that will be fixed ?!
    The cross app mode won´t work with the Unreal Editor. In the back is a pop up that says that the app crashed. But that won´t hurt much at the moment.

The problem here is i can not install the Unreal Editor on the C: Drive.
    While i don´t know what the cross app function does. I would whish i could set up the connection between Unreal Editor and Quixel manually :)

Thanks for your response, and no problem. Computer can be evil if they want to ( mostly when you don´t need it -.- )
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Could you post a screen of the crash-message? that would be very helpful!

You can read more about the cross app mode here: http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=toolbag2

I dont think unrel editor needs to be installed on C: for the sake of the suite, it should work anyways.

Comuters are always evil!!