Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Animation

[Riot Contest Entry] - Jeffrey Simonetta

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Chaucer polycounter lvl 8
Hey everyone,

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I'll see if I can pull it off.

My contest is pretty much a really fat guy who runs around and disrupts people by literally throwing his weight around and then runs off. So pretty much he's pretty troll.

The idea for the run is pretty simple. I want him to be rather flamboyant and in a way that seems like he's running away with people chasing after him, but hes going "tee hee, you can't catch me. I want him to be pretty bouncey and light on his feet.

For the ultimate I'm thinking he grabs his belly and throws it forward bouncing once and then doing an omega belly flop that disburses everyone. So think a combination of the Zac ult and Janna ult.

I'll try to get a WIP of the walk up tomorrow night. Here's a pic of a tweeked rig from the Body Mechanic Rigs by Joe Daniels. (located here: https://gumroad.com/l/xhRK/)

sGIGJNC

Replies

• Chaucer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey! Here's an update to where I left off last night. I didn't do the other arm yet but it will pretty much be mirrored (I got too sleepy to finish) And I noticed today that the arm rotation is going counterclockwise instead of clockwise. WHOOPSIE. The things that happen with animating while tunnel visioned :).

Now to start the Ultimate attack! (Want to start on that and maybe receive feedback on this before I finish the run) :)

lTaeWcH.gif
  • Evanescfan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The jiggle is strong with this one

feedback!
    - I feel his left feet has more air time maybe? just need to divide the timing on both
    - Arm (the animated one) could have more sway time behind, right now it looks like it's picking something quickly and slowly placing it ahead of him
    - Head can use some bounce/rotations/stretching, subtle stuff ofcourse

lovely stuff going on, keep em coming :)
  • Newb_Kid_From_The_Block
    Lol! haha.. love this! Looking forward for more of this. : )
  • Chaucer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, Thanks for the feedback Evanescfan. I completely agree with ya and will make those changes in my next update.

Meanwhile here's the WIP of the Omega Belly flop. The flip will be hard to nail.... Might need to make him go higher up in the air as well to seem more... Omega? lol. Do you guys think I should have him bounce forward in world spaces? or keep him at world zero?

eC719PA.gif
  • Evanescfan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice, just out of experimentation;
    just right before the ground contact, let the belly and butt stretch out to the floor, like they're trying to beat the rest of the body to it.
  • Slozhny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slozhny polycounter lvl 5