Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kye's - Third Yr (Uni) Work Thread

Hey guys, I have decided to join the Polycount thread, for help and advice on work I am creating for both my third year film and showreel.

Here is some of my work in progress, also I am now on the retopo stage of my vampire creature and could really use some help on retopo'ing around the jaw as its confusing me on what the edge flow should be like, since it as the predator kinda jaw. The creature will need to be able to close and open its mouth along with the extra madibles being able to flare when the mouth is open and tuck in when the mouth is closed. I am struggling on how the topology should flow to make this work and not break the mesh or deform.

This is what I have at the moment, the Vampire Creature I have made for my groups end of third year film, a cyclops zbrush concept and a very early start of a character I am making from the concept of Hero's Hunt iphone game, crits and comments please :)

Vampire Creature:

SNnw9BQ.jpg

vK5fi8N.jpg

bn3li13.jpg

Cyclops Zbrush Concept:

RNlrYuQ.jpg

5mzmfHe.jpg

Hero Hunt Character:

Mvggaei.jpg

tQZWyKW.jpg

UsIRX3Y.jpg

99ifzpx.jpg

Replies

• allknighter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allknighter polycounter lvl 5
    Looking good!
    I would love to see some textures on these. The bat monster f.ex. heavily relies on texturing and lighting to really bump it to another level.

Also, id suggest looking at some anatomy references for the cyclops' chest, bicep and eyewrinkles especially.

and for the hero hunt character, i'd suggest really cutting into that mustache for each jag.
    His torso also looks a bit long.
    Looking forward to the finished result of this character! :D

Keep up the good work!
  • YaorongYang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice job!

I wish Some day I could good as you!
  • dimosM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    These are looking really good, but i agree with allknighter, especially with cyclop's chest, as right now the pectoralis major doesn't seem to make it out to the humerus.
    Also i would take another look at the anatomy of the lower leg of the Vampire Creature.
    Looking at it from the lateral view there are actually muscles missing.
    Good luck :)
  • GameBred
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the feedback, this is really helpful I will work into these areas :)