Home General Discussion

Student Looking for Help

Hi everyone, my name is Lance Chamberlin and I’m a college student currently enrolled in a game development program. I’ve just started my capstone class and am required to have a mentor, so I figured I would ask on Polycount. I’m hoping to improve my hand painted texturing, in a similar style to what you would find in games like World of Warcraft or Torchlight, so if you have experience in that style, that would be preferable.

There wouldn’t be too much to do on the mentor’s end. Mostly just discussing goals to set for myself and critiquing my work along the way. The only requirements would be having worked on a shipped title, getting in contact with me once a week (via Skype, Email, etc.), and filling out a small “performance review” half way through the class, and again at the end of the class.

If you’re interested in helping me out, please send me a message or contact me at L.Chamberlin@hotmail.com, preferably by tomorrow evening. Thank you so much for taking the time to view my post.

Replies

• Leinad
    Offline / Send Message
    Leinad polycounter lvl 11
    I definitely agree with you Dustin. Keep in mind you're dealing with professional artists so it can get a bit tricky since "free" time is hard to come by. Most people would rather spend their free time with their family/friends/loved ones than to help an anonymous poster on the internet.

Like already stated, your best bet is posting your work and receiving that mentoring through the forum.

One school that I remember paid their mentors, that seems to be a much more effective and realistic approach since you're looking for an experienced mentor.