Home Quixel Megascans

REQUEST: Making your own custom made Mega scan materials

I am doing a lot of photogrametry work, mainly archeological sites and historical visualizations. If Quixel could give some work flow tips for this maybe i could contribute with some high quality photo scans. Is there any interest for user created materials? Octane render has a lot f user made materials in their Live data base for example. Some of them pretty good. This could maybe speed up you material creation. Just an idea.

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for offering to help!

As far as I understand it Quixel has their own scanning tech and procedure so Im not sure that the pipelines are compatible, but either way it would be very cool to see your work!
  • Ingemar Lundgren
    Ok, i understand. Maybe they will change their mind in the future, it was just an idea. Photo scanning is used in other feilds quite a lot these days.

The project i work with involve over 10.000 36 mpix images per mesh and underwater at depths ranging frpm 70m- 130m using divers and Remotley operated vehicles. We are documenting/reconstructing a shipwreck from the 16th century called the Mars sunk outside Böda hamn Öland, Sweden. She was the largest warship ever built at the time. You might have read about it in the latest National Geographic magazine. There is a 22 page article in the Swedish edition and also in a number of other languages. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/07/140707-mars-shipwreck-warship-baltic-sea-archaeology-science/

I can´t publicly show anything yet as we have a first right of refusal agrement with National geographic Society but if you are interested email me or send a PM and i can show you some stuff. Future plans include virtual tours of the reconstructed ship and also virtual submarine rides.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whoa that sounds super cool!! Please do send me some of that awesomness - Eric.ramberg@gmail.com

Im trusting the rest of you not to sign up my email on some wierd mailinglists :D