Home Quixel Megascans

REQUEST: Albedo Base map

hugojackson18
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
hugojackson18 polycounter lvl 3
Quick question. I've got an Albedo Base Map that I give DDO with the input maps, but I'm not sure how to tell DDO to use it and take the base colors from it for all the materials that I create. Is there a way to do that? Cheers guys!

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If i understand you correctly you should be able to just turn albedo of for all the materials you create, just set opacity to 0% in the albedo map. Is that what you´re after? :)
  • hugojackson18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not exactly. I'd like for example, if I select a Blue Plastic shader in the material library, that instead of the base color in the first layer of the smart shader (here a Blue Solid Color layer), it would pick the color from my base Albedo Map. I could just turn this first layer off like you said, but let's say I've got 2 plastic objects, with the same shader, but just a different color, I would have to either have 2 shaders, or create 2 base colors for this shader, and picking the color from the albedo base as a mask. I could do that actually, but it would be amazing if it was actually using the Albedo Base Map. I'll do it like you said for now =) Thanks!

EDIT: I just think it's a shame of losing the material details contribution in the diffuse by turning the Opacity to 0. That's all!
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hugo its a very good ide! I talked to Teddy about this and he has actually though about something similar! I cant promise anything but you know the idea is being kicked around at the office :)
  • hugojackson18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amazing! It would be really good to have the choice to either get the color from the map, or from the shader. Nice to know it's being thought about!