Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Animation

[Riot Art Contest] - KA

Kassandraws
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Kassandraws polycounter lvl 3
Hello! Know I'm a bit late to the contest, but I'm finally done with the semester and now its practice time!
I will be using the Mery rig for this contest, along with a simple baton (referencing magical rods/wands).

These are just a couple notes I'm jotting down for myself...

My character concept will revolve around magical girls of anime/manga, inspired by the new Sailor Moon reboot and Madoka Magica haha! Generally in games, I love playing as healing characters (i.e. support in League), so I'd like my character's ultimate attack to involve a heal(plus some debuff).

I will heavily reference Cardcaptor Sakura and Madoka Magica for the way my character runs; movements will be childlike, whimsical, and delicate.
I'll also look at real life baton twirling contests for inspiration since dancers gracefully move along a large area of space while performing with batons.

My character's ultimate attack will be similar to Sailor Moon's attacks.
A quick yet fancy opening move with baton twirls, then a final pose while holding the baton still for a magical attack!
Basically a quicker version of a magical girl anime attack sequence, especially since many League's characters' ultimates happen in just 1 second. The attack will probably be a skill shot, that will heal allies and debuff (silence perhaps?) enemies in range.
2lbjf6apng2ia4i8zpng2v7wfh5png

League characters that I will reference will be Lux (her baton weapon!!), Sona and Soraka (heal champs), Orianna (dancer-esque movements), and Annie (childlike demeanor).

Involving baton twirls will be a challenge for me, especially now that I see that Lux doesn't twirl her baton with her fingers/wrist? If I cannot figure out how to animate the baton, then I'll probably just go the Lux route and have the baton twirl magically w/o intricate finger/wrist movement.

Thanks yall! I'm excited to post my progress! ^_^