the last weeks i have been working on a uv packer. I could not find a good packer that can handle very complex shapes or holes.
The packer from Headus UV Layout is very close to it, but they are cases when it can't find a good solution.
Follow on Twitter
Follow on Facebook
Demo available (Update 6.03.2015 Beta 26 Version 1.7.5544.319)
also available via automatic updater inside the previous demo version
IPackThat on Steam
It's not final and still Beta. They can be bugs and rants
Inside the Demo version you can't save. Its just for testing purpose and feature testing.
Short feature list
- read and write of fbx, dae, dxf and obj files
- handling multi-mesh files
- handling mutiple uv
- overlapping uv islands will be treat as one uv island
- rotation can be enabled/disabled for entire packing process
- rotation steps can be choosen per uv island (0.01 to 90°)
- automatic recognition of circle like shapes (no rotation)
- automatic recognition of rectangle like shapes (only check from 0° to 180°)
- endless solution process until you stop
- 1 mutation per 10 solution processes
- shape margins in pixel
- border margins in pixel
- treating aspect 1:1 and 1:2
- area selection filter from min to max (% area of largest uv island)
- rotation step selection filter from min to max (in degrees)
- automatic backup when a better solution is found
- multi threading
are there some other feature that are usefull ?
here are some shots of the results.
The Start ones are handcrafted and dont respect the margin size (sometimes they are below 2 pixels)