Home Digital Sketchbooks

GreenShade's scrapbook

I thought I'll make a thread to collect all of my stuff that I'm working on, this one seems like a nice place to open it.
Right now I don't have too much time to work unfortunately.

I'm using Blender and subsurface modeling. I tried to sculpt in some previous versions but it wasn't quite good back then, maybe I should give it a try again.

So, here it goes!

Replies

• GreenShade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For the start, here is my version for a humanoid GLaDOS.
    glados_android_04.png
    details01.png
    The face and the chest piece is final, I have no idea how to finish the sides of the head though.
    Placeholders and basic, untextured materials everywhere...
  • GreenShade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I also had some Dota 2 concepts too:

This little dude is some kind of raptor/lynx hybrid with wings (I think it's cute):
    courier_wip01.png
    And with a possible pattern:
    courier-wip02.png

I also had an idea for a Windranger bow, based on Eul's Scepter:
    bow_of_the_divine_wind.png
    divine_bow_04.png
    This is where I am right now: highpoly mesh done, LOD meshes are also done, but I have no idea how to sculpt details onto this thing, or how to paint nice textures.
    Did I mentioned that the concept in my head had some cool particle effects and a custom Power Shot?
    I think it's way out of my league right now...
  • GreenShade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So who wants a clockwork faerie?
    Because I'll have one - sooner or later...
    copper_faerie02_2.png
    Made of copper and a lot of cogs, the main spring and the unwinding mechanism will be in the bottom of her chest, the hairspring and the escape mechanism right over it, as a tiny mechanical heart.
    I think I'm actually able to put the necessary amount of cogs into the hips to make the leg's system believable.
  • GreenShade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slowly, but making some progress...
    Also, placeholders everywhere, and some quite dumb colors because it will be hard to keep track of the mechanics quite soon.
    copper_faerie04_2.png
    I like how her face looks like, but I don't know how to finish the head. Any ideas?