Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

TEM2 Diesel Locomotive

Mitai
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Mitai polycounter lvl 6
Hi everyone.

I spent a lot of time working on this. I tried to make most detailed model as I can. Unfortunately I could not find blueprints or detailed photos for some parts. Not perfect, but I'm tired. :poly121:

Front:
uevf8nI.png

Rear:
DoYRHLT.png

Top:
ro5Lb7N.png

If someone interesting, I can make more renders.

Replies

• nastobi123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nastobi123 polycounter lvl 8
    Yeah, do some man and if you can, please post the wires and polycount :) that'd be great. Looks good though. Also wondering if the tracks are gonna be part of the train as one model ? Is this for fun ? or a project ?

Cheers !
  • Mitai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mitai polycounter lvl 6
    Thx. I made this model for my portfolio. Polycount about >30 millions polys. I had a problems with viewport performance on last stages, but I was too lazy to optimization. :poly121: What about rails... what are train without rails?! :)

Bogie close-up:
    cM1mRHk.jpg

Brake, sand and fuel systems:
    D0srdM4.png

Wires:
    6JCoqIa.jpg
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    looks nice and clean, maybe add some polygonal text, that makes it look more plausible

youre likely not gonna do a lowpoly i suppose, if you want to make a cool highpoly render, maybe make a custom normal map with some small scale bumps and a lot of nothing in between them, (RGB 127/127/127) that will add a lot of detail to your model and gives an impression of a lot more work. If its just a full bumpy normal map it will look bad. Also coloring your AO makes a very cool effect and makes the picture more vivid without fancy lighting (orange/red per example)

https://hostr.co/9ZtGZxPLMHNP
    (used a bump map here but its the same)