Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] - DJ Singed [Skin]

Hi everyone, new user here. I've had the idea for a rave/nightclub themed skin pack for a while, and this contest is a great chance to transform that concept into illustrations.

Creating all sorts of toxic brews and chemical weapons for warfare was what Singed always felt he was born to do. But after so many years doing the same, he started to use his talents elsewhere in his spare time. In the near future, when battlecast robots take the world by storm, and resistance factions are formed to fight them, a man decided to bring back the groove.
Funding the Zaun House nightclub with his own cash, all of Valoran feels the beat when DJ Singed is in the mix.

Aside from posting the process, I intend (as soon as I'm done with the main illustration) to post some sketches of how his abilities would work when this skin is selected, and how the machine strapped to his back functions. Also, ideas for four other champions that can conform a team that fits this theme.

Here's the lineart I've started painting in Photoshop, and the first colouring idea.

Replies

• Amaple
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a screenshot with some of the progress.

16c9utl.png
  • Amaple
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some more process. Hoping to upload the final version tomorrow.
  • Amaple
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's the final version.

28u4mmu.jpg

I've attached an image showing him in full-body, with the DJ console replacing his shield, and an assortment of nightclub equipment replacing his bottle.
    I intend to upload some images depicting how his QWER would work, but I'll describe it here in case I don't have time to do it.

Q: same as normal, but with a gray/purple smoke
    W: instead of the traditional Mega-Adhesive, Singed would drop a unfolding dance floor (think Viktor's AoE stun)
    E: same as normal
    R: His backpack-machines start making lasers and lighting effects to signal the ultimate is active.
    Autoattacks: When Singed whacks someone with his console-shield, a scratching sound can be heard.

The idea is that this skin allows Singed to transform any battleground into a party by himself. I have a line of champion skins thought out to complete a nightclub/disco themed team, but I'm afraid I won't be able to get another of them in time for this contest.
  • Amaple
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And here's the skin in the selection screen, to check if it works.
    2vryez7.jpg