Home Dota 2

Question for Digital Blacksmiths

Im kind of a newbie with art, but i have a couple concepts for weapons and such,
kinda hoping to team up with someone with the skill to bring them to life, but without the imagination to make ideas of their own XD

as i have the imagination to make ideas , yet no skill to bring them to life ._.

Anyone Interested?

Replies

• Crows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crows polycounter lvl 3
    My advice: learn to do something. I know it can sound harsh, but trust me, I've seen "idea people" come and go as fast as you can say "cheeseburger".

Thing is, there are no people without imagination or ideas, and people don't just learn how to draw or 3D model for the sake of it, they have their own ideas which they want to bring to life.

Also, "skill" or "talent" are simply a headstart (or some people say it's an exponential, when taking practice time into account). Bang your head against the wall, draw till your hand hurts, swear into the sky beCAUSE GODDAMN 3DS MAX WHY WONT YOU PEEL MY UVS PROPERLY.

At the end of it, you might even have a marketable skill, hell, I'm sure you will if you practice enough.

TL;DR - People have ideas of their own yo', you gotta bring something to the table which benefits you or your partners as an artist.
  • SeveOJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nobody wants an "Ideas Guy". Literally everyone can do it. You need to have some useful skill to make your ideas really come true, alone or in collaboration with others.
  • darkkyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darkkyo polycounter lvl 6
    This hobby/process is driven by how good your concept art/modelling/texturing/animating/etc is and competition is stiff. If you're just here to sling some basic ideas out and then expect to get a cut from artists doing all the work then I don't think you've even got the right mindset for this stuff.

If you're not an artistic person by nature and/or you haven't spent any time in your life practicing art then I'm not even sure what has drawn you to this forum and this process because it's honestly not for the unsure or unskilled.
  • TrevorJ
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6