Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: v1.8 - A couple of bugs.

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
ken0y polycounter lvl 7
Hey,

I have noticed that upon opening a saved project in DDO, the masks are missing from the project window. Worse still, when you left click to add a mask the suite crashes. The masks DO exist in the PS layers but are kinda useless without the ability to edit them via the project window. Secondly, 3DO does not display the loaded project, even after force refreshing from the project window.

Secondly, if you click on a material's reflectance box, select a colour from the colour picker but force refresh 3DO before closing the colour picker then the suite crashes.

Maybe I am doing something wrong but the suite seems buggy as hell. This is really disappointing and does not make for a great first impression (I just bought DDO).

Regards,

K

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi ken0y!

Im sorry you feel that way, I´ve experienced the bug that you describe with the masks once, it was on a very large project and only happend that one time. Do you get it constantly?

The color picker crasch is a known bug that we are working on killing!
  • ken0y
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ken0y polycounter lvl 7
    If I remember correctly, it happened in every test project I made yesterday. These projects were not big, they consisted of one smart material.

It may be that I am doing something wrong, do the input textures and mesh etc need a specific naming convention in order for things to link back up when a project is re-opened? I didn't see anything about this in the user docs though.

I have read so many conflicting opinions on why things go wrong and what can be done to circumvent them that my head is spinning.

Regards,

K
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No they do not need to be named in any specific way, only that the suite currently does not handle non-alphanumerical characters to well. Also you cant move the source-files after the project has been created.

Do you think that could be the issue for you?
  • ken0y
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ken0y polycounter lvl 7
    That could be the case Eric, maybe I have removed source files for the wrong project i.e a project I thought was old. I'll give it another spin when I have time and see if that is indeed the case.

K
  • ken0y
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ken0y polycounter lvl 7
    OK, after some more testing I can confirm 2 things:

1. If you save the project with the 'save' option the suite will work as expected when a project is re-opened in the future.
    2. If, however, you save with 'save as' the suite does not work as expected producing the bug I first highlighted.

Also, on both occasions, if I close photoshop from the 'x' on the window the suite crashes.

K
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ken0y I want to thank you very much for bringing this to our attention! as I said I´ve had this bug once before but I wasn´t aware of the reason. We will get this sorted in the next release!
  • ken0y
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ken0y polycounter lvl 7
    You are welcome Eric, keep up the fantastic work :)

K
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We will certainly try :) Thanks again for reporting!!