Home Technical Talk

How stack 2 symmetrical hand-painted UVs ?

Hi mates, i am learning on my own, and since some days ago i got a problem with UVs that i really can not find a solution after searching for long time.

When you have a hand-painted texture you can stack 2 symmetrical parts, right ?

But when only some parts of the character ( or prop ) are symmetrical the method that i am using now is : UV in 3d Coat >OBJ to 3d max > detach asymmetrical parts > with symmetrical parts i delete half and apply Symmetry modifier and after Unwrap UVW > attach all > Weld points.

With this method i can stack the symmetrical UVs perfectly, but my question is Are there another method of stacking symmetrical UVs without detach asymmetrical parts ?

I tried without detach > open the UV editor > select a symmetrical part > put this above the another symmetrical seam but the vertex never match.
Yes, in this case i can select vertex by vertex and move into the correct position, but this is a crazy work. Are there some tool that can act like an "iman" ?

Like for example when i select a seam and putting above her symmetrical part, automaticaly the seams are put together, getting the same result as using Symmetry modifier + Unwrap UVW )

Sorry for this big text xD, but believe me: i already got bored of do not find any information about it.

TY for your attention.

Replies