Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] Katarina

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
rehkitz polycounter lvl 2
Hi there!

I´ve collected some stuff for my entry and here we go..

Since I got basically no idea about the game I started with watching some champion videos and browsed a bit around the web for my references. Then I decided to try my best for Katarina´s character.. So let´s see how it will end up :)

1_scribbles_rehkitz.jpg

2_refs_rehkitz.jpg

I started scribbling around - first traditional ...later in photoshop

3_start_rehkitz.jpg

Since the base for the character was set, I tried to figure out in which environment & lightsetup I wanna take her

4_environments_rehkitz.jpg

I had some struggle for the daggers she´s gonna throw.. So I used Blender again since a loooooong time ;)

5_dagger_lights_rehkitz.jpg

more updates will hopefully follow soon :D
Cheers to everyone for this contest.. it´s really awesome what else is in progress here!!!

rehkitz

Replies

• rehkitz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So here´s a quick update for my latest version. I did some changes on the Character for her hair and started refining some parts. The daggers are also changed and I brought in an opponent for the final composition. Lot of things still very rough..

Especially the attacking style of this flying dagger is very rough :D If you guys have some ideas or advice I´m open for critics or comments..

cheers and GL to everyone!!!

6_new_pos_Wip_rehkitz.jpg
  • rehkitz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so just a quick update tonight.. I did some work on lighting and shading, more details for debris and brought some darker clouds behind her... think this works better in terms of composition.

And still.. any feedback is appreciated ;)

cheers!
    rehkitz

7_lighting_Wip_rehkitz.jpg
  • rehkitz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi there..

so this seems to be my possible final :D
    I´m not sure If I can find some time in the next days before the 19th of dec...

let´s see

8_Wip_rehkitz.jpg
  • rehkitz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi there!

I had some time to work a bit more on some overall details and here we go...
    cheers and good luck to everyone!!

rehkitz

9_wip_katarina_rehkitz.jpg
  • rehkitz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heyho..

I did some final touches now..
    What else to say... It was a lot of fun drawing and here are so many awesome artworks sent for this contest. I am really tired now and I wish Good luck to every participant !!! :D

cheers!
    rehkitz

11_final_katarina_rehkitz.jpg