Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Scrap Metal Mordekaiser

Actual state: IT'S OVER ! YAY !

50618502threequarterleft.jpg

First message:
Hello ! I heard about this contest two days ago... I am super late !

So I did some drawing yesterday, a very rough one:

[IMG][/img]677644masterofscrapmetal.jpg

And after I saw the work of other really good talent, I felt like I couldn't start my topic before refining my concept so here it is:

690654masterofscrapmetal04.jpg

I will start to try some color scheme very soon, but every feedback I can get will be awesome !

See you soon :)

Replies

• Noadasi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick update, some color added, it's mostly to get a general idea:

[IMG][/img]152016masterofscrapmetalcoloprop.jpg

I'll start to sculpt the body !
  • Noadasi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New update, I did the base helmet and continue to sculpt the body:

840723sculptetape01.jpg

I'm thinking about doing a quick concept for the back, just because right now I don't really know where I'm going. After that I will finish to sculpt the body and I'll do the base of the equipement. Next update soon :)
  • Noadasi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some news ! The body is sculpted and I made a retopology that you can see here:

354087retopologyofthebody.jpg

I tried to limited myself in the number of poly but I wanted the global shape to be still understandable so I hope this isn't too much... I didn't bother trying to not make any triangle since a video game model is a mesh and a mesh is a bunch of triangles anyway.

Now here you can see a view in 3dsmax with the body unwraped with a quick normal just to get the idea. I made some pieces of equipement but it's far from the end result. Still a long road ahead but I do my best !

912604actualstatein3dsmax.jpg

Next update asap ! :)
  • Noadasi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a fresh update, the model is nearly complete, nearly ! I'm very excited, because I will finally get on the texture work !

Here, have some pictures !

577880actualstatein3dsmax03.jpg

661392actualstatein3dsmax04.jpg

See you soon :)
  • Noadasi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The model is DONE ! 8574 triangles according to polygons counter.

Here it is without any texture yet. I plan to unwrap everything in one or two days and after that, texture time ! Finally !

170040modelcomplete.jpg

I can't wait to see this completely done !
  • Noadasi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick update before bed time !

The model is fully unwrap, as you can see. I am aware of the fact that the space use is very poor right now, I will rescale some components and replace them to try to squeeze the best out of the available space.

But in anyway, the unwrapping is done:

124200actualstatein3dsmax06.jpg

See you very soon !
  • Noadasi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very quick update to show you I am currently texturing the model, the AO is baked in and it is in flat without any lights. I'm using a mix between zbrush and photoshop to paint the textures. Especially details like the swirl on the helmet since the UV seems can sometimes be in the way.

240704actualstatein3dsmax08.jpg

And here is the UV in it's (I hope so) final form, which is far better than the original.

76960873UV.jpg

Anyway, I want to finish this in time so expect furthers update very very soon !

Oh yeah, forgot to say it but I did a morpher for the expression that I wanted ! I can do others or setting this one to 0 if I want to change the facial expression, it's a bit of a luxury right now I'll admit, but it's the expression I wanted so I had to do it !
  • Noadasi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is the last update before the end !

I nearly finished everything but since I am now doing a quick break I thought about letting you guys see where this is going.

974300actualstatein3dsmax11.jpg

There are some things to do yet, the weapon is very rough, I have to do some color management, add some details here and there but, really, the biggest part of the work is done ! I had to redo the UV for some parts so I will update it, and my final triangle count is now 8524.

I am pretty proud of my work anyway, it was a nice experience and when it will be over, I think about animate this big guy just for fun !

Final post very soon !
  • Noadasi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is DONE !

Finally ! Just in time !

So here is a view to show you but I will update this thread with more details tomorrow because right now it is 4:15 AM and I am sleepy as hell.

Here is the picture:

50618502threequarterleft.jpg

Good night ! It was a great experience !