Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Seeking Topology Advice

Hi,

I am creating a sort of cyborg riot bot and would appreciate any critique on the topology. Here is the wireframe which is under 30k tris.

jHU6G3j.jpg

Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Topology seems fine.

I'd put the hands palm facing down though. It's a more relaxed position that way.
  • AngryMindtricks
    The topology looks fine, specifying your use for this model also helps... e.g. if it's meant to be animated your topology is in the right direction... but if it's supposed to be a statue etc or an environment asset you could re-topo for better details assuming you'll be sculpting into this later on?

The only alterations I'd make to the topology is this.
    retop.jpg

If you intend to turbo smooth this model for some nicer edges for bakes later on this setup on topology will really help you out when you start adding support edges.

Definitely listen to what JadeEyePanda said, model your hands aiming downwards.

Good work so far keep going n__n
  • TheAxiom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheAxiom polycounter lvl 3
    I can't give you much topology advice, but the character looks a bit blocky to me. It's very square. I'd recommend bringing the legs and shoulders closer together so that the body has more organic curves.
  • YakZSmelk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YakZSmelk polycounter lvl 11
    Topology seems fine.

Topology is fine, I think the real problem is proportion.
  • garriola83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    The topology from the pecs to the shoulders looks funny and is gonna clip thru itself. Basically, the pecs begin on the sternum and end on the humerus, but your topology suggest that the end pont goes higher. That will change the way the shoulder looks when it moves, especially moving forward. I would look for other ways to get that topology going, and there are plenty of other ways, but not just that. Good luck