Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Animation

[Riot Art Contest] Brandon Okada

bokada
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
bokada polycounter lvl 3
Hey all! Figured there's still some time to participate in this, looks like a fun challenge and cool community!

Going to be using the Stewart rig for its simplicity. I tried to adjust some geometry to customize him but ended up breaking him; so he's stock for now. If anyone knows of a way to shrink his head a bit let me know, it'd be much appreciated!

My champion manipulates energy into orbs and kicks/heads/throws them at his foes.
Stewart_ss_1.JPG

Replies

• StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    Hi there Brandon,
    Just a friendly heads up regarding this rig... before you get too much animation done on him.

Within the Terms and Conditions set out by Animation Mentor
    "You must get our prior written permission if you want to use the Rig or Your Work in any manner not authorized under the Rules, for example, if you want to enter Your Work in a contest or use the Rig or Your Work in a commercial endeavor, like a film or an animation school."

Good luck , if you have all that squared away!
  • bokada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bokada polycounter lvl 3
    Oh! :o

Thanks so much for the heads up, I will shoot them a quick email and see. I started to block but don't mind having to start again using good ol' Malcolm, haha.
  • bokada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bokada polycounter lvl 3
    So I switched over to morphy instead. After running through some different iterations of the ultimate, here's where I'm at so far. I'm still fixing some posing for the different camera angles.
    RiotAC_Blocking_1_highangle.gif

RiotAC_Blocking_1_side.gif
  • bokada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bokada polycounter lvl 3
    Here's my more cleaned up version of blocking before I take it into splines.

RiotAC_Blocking_2_Angled.gifRiotAC_Blocking_2_Side.gif