Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Order 1886 Combo Rifle

Hey guys, long time no post. I have been working on and off on reconstructing the combo rifle from The Order 1886, a PS4 game from Ready at Dawn due out in January or so 2015. I wanted it to be as close as possible to the original. Sadly enough I didn't have enough references so one concept art sheet + some E3 trailers youtube captures (some extremely muddy) was all I had. The Rifle itself is a modified Winchester 1886 with some obvious extras, it is called Combo Rifle because it is also a shotgun (top barrel). Chances are this thing is dangerous as hell to fire but I liked the idea. There's an area I can't get a good view to (inside the vent compartment that I left opened on the right side) so I made up what would possibly be the mechanism, this is only for beauty shots purposes, btw. For that I took inspiration in 19th century clockwork and other apparatus found online. Some minor things had to be changed to make them practical and functional. In this regard I have good reasons to believe the in-game model takes some shortcuts to cut on polies.

The flower patterns need to be embossed and sculpted a bit and the wood pieces fixed + some scratches here and there. A job meant for Dynamesh obviously.

I hope you guys like it and C&C are welcome.

combo_rifle.jpg

5btvns.jpg

121pif8.jpg

2n1gt8w.jpg

5vfxc.jpg

Replies

• Kaine123
    Offline / Send Message
    Kaine123 polycounter lvl 10
    I don't necessarily agree that it looks like it was derived from a Winchester model 1886. Frankly it looks like some sort of vintage style SKS because of the way the bolt (and what is most likely a gas tube) looks.