Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

A scene with pilot and robot

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Sigmatron interpolator
CA3ES8d.png
Hi polycount! Wow i made this 'image-video-animation-clip?". It took a pretty long time. Some things i learned from scratch, like drawing(need a lot of time to improve, i think i need to start from the basics:poly122:) and some things i known a little better. But anyway it was really fun and enjoyable. Also, original idea about this way to show a scene was peeped from the moof's art. So I thought it is pretty cool and i would like to make something in this direction.
So, here is a deal:
This girl is a pilot of this robot and whole scene placed in outdoor supply camp, something like pit-stop in races.
I would like to hear your ideas and critics:)
Vimeo link
Original track: Two Fingers - Sweden

Replies

• Cglewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cglewis polycounter lvl 12
    thats pretty cool man!
    theres a few things i would point out,

the character seems to have her own light that isn't affecting any thing else in the scene so it kinda breaks the scene for me

there is a yellow light to the right of the screen that doesn't influence anything

i would love to see more glowy bits on the robot :)
    as well as more background action since the video is almost 2 min long :)

its also a bit jarring when you go to the sky to your drawing then to the ground, you need to blend these better

but i think this is pretty cool, nice to see some 2d stuff :)
    keep it up man
  • Sigmatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sigmatron interpolator
    Cglewis
    Thanks for feedback. Yeah im probably screwed up with light. I have plan to make 3d girl armor and put this thing in unity or something. I'll have more freedom with camera positions. I will tweak robot, background animations and effects. In spare time need to upgrade 2d skills:D.