Home Technical Talk

Maya 2015 Viewport bugged

Hello
I have a problem with the viewport, it was all normal at first but one day it bugged out.
The "camera cube" is all black now and the grid doesn't smooth anymore when activating smooth wireframe it actually
gets worse also x-ray doesn't work anymore.

I already uninstalled all Autodesk software
- deleted all the installation directories
\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk
\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk
\Users\%username%\Documents\maya\
\ProgramData\Autodesk

also deleted the registry entries
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk

then reinstalled Maya but it's still bugged?:(

here some screenshots
smoothing disabled
vp1asucj.png

smoothing enabled
vp2ullx1.png

x-ray disabled
vp3kdlls.png

x-ray enabled
vp4cglkt.png

Replies

• Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    I haven't seen this before, but I'm inclined to think it might have something to do with your display drivers. Do you have the latest service pack, have you made any adjustments to your system settings, like automatic updates or anything? Does it happen in other viewport modes like high quality or legacy?
  • Magicool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have the newest video drivers
    Maya 2015 Service Pack 5
    I didn't change any system settings or did any relevant updates
    Also happens in the other render modes

I have this problem since I was working in Maya a few days ago and created a new scene so I wanted to adjust my shading settings to smooth shade all, smoothed wireframe and x-ray like I always do.
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You reinstalled, have you rebooted? Any semi-relevant background apps running? Maybe check that compatibility mode didn't get turned on, or not launch from the desktop icon, if you are.
  • Alvor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alvor polycounter lvl 4
    You might just have some of the usual Viewport 2.O renderer issues when it comes to anti-aliasing - which might be tied to a driver issue, or not - you could tried multi-sampling it in the viewport2 settings and see if it look better (shouldn't have such thick and blurry lines indeed).

In any case, remember that you don't get to see the viewcube in viewport 2, even if you activate it in the preferences and panel display settings, that's a known limitation. 2015 can only show it if you choose one of the two legacy viewport renderer.
  • Magicool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes I've restarted before reinstalling, there shouldn't be any apps interfering.
    Compatibility isn't turned on.

But I've discovered something:
    I discovered that when using the auto unwrap tool (Maya Bonus Tools) the problem somehow fixes itself instantly and I can open/create a new scence and everything is still working but as soon as I restart maya the problem is there again
    so for now I have a workaround but still hope I can get to the bottom of this
    I want to avoid to do a fresh windows installation