Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] - Zac - "Normal for one day"

Hey everyone.

So I decided a while ago to enter the competition with Zac - a very interesting character who looks like a villian, but is in actual fact a hero. He looks a bit mean and rough...so I decided why not explore his childhood. After all, his scientist parents couldn't have had it easy having a son who was a blob. And can you imaging the turmoil when Zac would go outside and how he may have had to overcome things we all take for granted (or not):
- Some degree of humanity
- He's radically different from all other children
- The amount of innocence he has until one day he is self-aware that he is was in fact an experiment

All these seemed like juicy topics, but I decided to go with "Normal for one day." The vision is to have Zac feel completely normal, content and happy on the one day that he would not be an outcast: Halloween. So where the other kids dress as monsters, Zac dresses as a human to appear more normal.

Still very much a WIP, but the rough is done and the colouring is being tested for style.

Hold thumbs!

Replies