Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Student Env

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Rysk polycounter lvl 4
Hey all,

Just finished up this project for school. We had two weeks to model out a modular env, texture, and light it. Concept images were used for inspiration not having to match 1-1. Would love some crits and ideas on how to improve the space and make it feel more alive.

Office_Env_1.jpg
Office_Env_2.jpg
Office_Env_3.jpg
Office_Env_4.jpg
Office_Env_5.jpg
Office_Env_6.jpg

I'm waiting on new versions of the concept images from our instructor with credit given so I'll update with those when I can.

Replies

• chrisjuuuh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisjuuuh polycounter lvl 6
    i think the biggest thing you can work on is your lighting. it looks like you have the falloff set too high as the images are very dark but the actual pointlights themselves are way to bright. lighting is very subtle. as always reference is key
  • jeremiah_bigley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeremiah_bigley polycounter lvl 12
    I like it! I agree with the lighting. Maybe some florescent lighting across the ceilings (even if there is no mesh, could give the look with just how it is lit).
    Textures will help a lot! Your textures are all very flat and some of them out of scale (Floor being the biggest offender). Some "general use" grunge like dirt being tracked on the floor where people walk... Some better material definition as well. I don't really see specular/reflections on anything. I should see metals, plastics, ect.

Fixing up some of that stuff will really make this scene feel more alive.