Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

Demonic Warwick

Mae
Mae
I always choose to paint the pretty characters, so this time around I would like to try to paint something a little different. So, as if Warwick wasn't far enough away from my norm already, I am going to make him Demonic!

This is my first time posting here, so hopefully I do it correctly O.o

Warwick11122014.jpg

Replies

• Mae
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mae
    I finally got some more time to work on this :D Originally I was going to have a bright moon in the background to create some dynamic lighting, but decided that though that would be appropriate for a werewolf, my demon warwick might be found somewhere else. So. A cave with bones. I know I know, not crazy original, but I think I can make it work. I am going to make the skulls specific to certain champs, so that will be fun!

Here was my original idea sketchy rough:
    Warwicksketch.jpg
    and here is my new idea sketchy rough:
    Warwick11252014-1.jpg

I want to keep it bright and colorful, so I might be oversaturated here in the beginning, but here is my first color rough sketchy thing:
    Warwick11252014-2.jpg

My updates should be more frequent from here on forth. Hoping to keep this piece under 30 hours, but knowing me I will probably go over. SLOWEST PAINTER EVER.
  • Mae
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mae
    I adjusted the pose a littel bit to try and make it more dynamic. I am also playing with colors. Let me know what you think!

Warwick11262014.jpg
  • Mae
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mae
    I am struggling a little with trying to get the same style as the most recent official LoL artworks. I took another look at them and noticed they are all pretty dark, so I darkened my piece a bit to make it closer, and more dramatic. I made a few adjustments this time and started testing out some textures.

Warwick11282014.jpg
  • Mae
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mae
    Working on some more details.

Warwick12022014.jpg
  • Mae
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mae
    I warmed up the piece quite a bit and fleshed out most of the details on Warwick. I have soo much left I want to do, but tomorrow is the last day I can work on this because I leave for vacation on Wednesday. RAWR! Tomorrow will be a long day!

Warwick12082014.jpg
  • Mae
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mae
    I don't have any more time to work on this so I am calling it done. I am a little disappointed that I didn't get everything in there that I wanted, but I am still pretty happy with the result. I spent more time on this than I have spent on anything in a very long time, mostly because of all the detail in the fur and scales. I know I don't stand a chance against all the crazy artists in this forum that are entering (you guys blow my mind!), but I gave it my best shot! A Cintiq would be such an amazing thing for my art!!!

Warwick72DPI.jpg
  • mixcandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Woah! that is amazing