Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Arcade Tristana

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
marreia polycounter lvl 8
This is my idea for a Tristana skin. I wanted to go for something doable, since I haven't actually started and finished a character in ages and since yordles are tiny...hooray!

Anyhoo, since yordles are tiny and Trist is the all about her gun, I know the main focal points are her head and the gun. I took a lot of inspiration from Bubble Bobble initially and I wanted to make her look like one of the dinos by giving her a fohawk hairstyle that would somewhat mimic the dino spikes.
Since the dino guy has some red hands and feet I thought that could work for gloves and weird legwarmer shoe thingies. The other parts of her outfit are from Captain N and Captain Commando...still not completely sold on the look and I figure it'll be an iterative process, but since that's the smallest part I figured I'd worry more about her head and gun.

Oh and dat color scheme is totally a WIP. I'm not really sure how to go about it since she's blue and all, or what shade of blue to go with. I tend to get lost in color and just did it as a test. Figured once I got the initial concept a bit more polished the colors could come later.

The gun is my favorite part. I think it's super simple and fun with the super scope modified to fit the bubble ammo that I want visible. From the top down you'd see the arrow included from the Puzzle Bobble version, which I thought was fun and the pinball spring toward the back.

The backpack has got to be the laziest part of this entire concept, but so far I just see it as 3 of the bubble balls (totally looks like a messed up streetlight lol) with the arcade arm things on the bottom. I just imagine her rocket jump actually playing the drop of the ball during her jump and maybe these things animating like that? Not sure how big that would be or how visible, but I figure I can block out proportions and see what's up.

That's all for now...probably going to work on her gun and see what happens.