Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Midna of Twilight Princess

Hi y'all!

Doing some fan art of one of my favorite characters from the Zelda series: the Twili Midna. My goal is to get a somewhat similar feel of the lighting and orange glow from her hair, as seen in this amazing picture by Zeronis on deviantart: http://zeronis.deviantart.com/art/MIDNA-452543934

I would greatly appreciate any feedback, tips or comments you can think of. Cheers!

dBlCP35.jpg[/IMG]

Replies

• Mister Jackson
    I dunno how closely you're trying to keep this on model, but if you are sticking to the model then you definitely wanna check out Midna's body shape cause she's more pear like to offset the large shape on her head and as a result she has a wider more plump midsection. I was going to say something about her arms and hands but as I was studying her model it turns out they're intentionally long on her body, but even with that the arm closes to us looks much too long and that's probably because you have the backside of her hand extending so far down.

As for getting the hair the way you want it, you gotta get some color in there first before anyone can really help you with that. Hope I helped dude! You totally nailed the headpiece
  • ArtViktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Big thanks, man! I'll re-consider the body shape and see if I wanna go more pear-style or not. Will probably exagerate it more! Great catch with the hand grabbing the sword, will fix that. Thanks again! =)
  • ArtViktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's some progress!

8TvgHHC.jpg

RsM9xwt.jpg
  • ArtViktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Process update. Needed better values.

NMeAQYu.jpg
  • IndieGear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IndieGear polycounter lvl 8
    It's coming along! One thing I'd like to point out before you go any further is that her right arm is a tad too long. One thing I like to do, and have tried my best to get into the habit of, is flipping the drawing as I go along; helps see errors as you go.

Your values are progressing well, definitely better than the first draft!
    The headpiece is great, by the way!!