Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: why is Photoshop saving Ndo normals under AppData file location?

So I had a mini heart attack before as I came to continue to work on my normals. I thought I had completely lost all my work, fortunately after searching the whole PC I managed to find the location where the pesky file was hiding.

anyway my question is, after setting up the file location in Ndo, why is Photoshop saving the work under USER>APPDATA>ROAMING>RANDOM NUMBER?

I cant even access this folder under the current user settings as this file is hidden.

Is this a problem with Ndo, or instead of just hitting ctrl+S thinking it will save in the right location should I manually set up the save location via Photoshop?

Maybe its something I am doing wrong haha?

Replies

• Ramrok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It seems to put Custom Smart Materials there too Roaming > preset > Smart Material > Custom
    however when your in User... even if you don't see the AppData folder, you can still access it by typing \AppData in the bar and it will let you continue in the folder.
  • stumpinater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh I have yet to save out my own smart materials, I did end up typing \AppData in as you say, I managed to recover my work that way. now I know where it is being saved I can get my work back if I forget to do a Save as. Its an annoying niggle though as it is Clogging up my SSD.

Maybe something can be done about this with some future updates?
  • Ingsoc75
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ingsoc75 polycounter lvl 5
    I agree. It's pretty annoying.
  • DaveW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DaveW polycounter lvl 14
    I've found this as well, wherever I tell it to save a new project it always ends up in AppData. As soon as you make a new project, save it in the directory you want it to be in and you should be fine (make a new folder called 'previewer' and drop your OBJ in if necessary)

Surprised other people haven't noticed this yet, it's been a bug for several versions.