Home Technical Talk

Zbrush: Zsketch problem; z intensity not functioning correctly.

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
mrlemonyfresh polycounter lvl 9
Hey! I've been trying to learn zbrush from the ground up tracking all it's features etc. I started using zsketch and i'm having a really bad time. when i go to paint down with the brush 'Sketch 1' or any such similar brush it's simply way too big and i spend 90% of the time smoothing it down to a reasonable size. I turned the z intensity all the way down to 0 for shits and giggles and it's still produces enormous unwieldy strokes. I see that people use the tool very accurately to depict the muscle structure of the human form but i'm struggling just to get the general shape of a human.

I tried on zbrush 4r6 and 4r5, same issue. Is there anyone who can use it well, and if so which version of zbrush are you using? Or how can i make the strokes more subtle and usable without constantly smoothing all the time?

Replies

• cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Have you been changing the draw size too? I don't know if intensity is meant to do anything with those brushes.
  • mrlemonyfresh
    Offline / Send Message
    mrlemonyfresh polycounter lvl 9
    Hello cryrid and thanks for answering.

I did change the draw size but i found that when ever i needed to smooth, i felt like i needed to increase the size in order for it to be effective. Maybe i need to keep working at it till i get it? but it seems like it should be more intuitive, so i feel like i missed something important.